Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Remember Nora

meg ryan in when harry met sally

Tonight I finally watched when Harry Met Sally. Not only because I felt I'd done an injustice as a romantic-comedy enthusiast in never having seen it, but also because Nora Ephron, a great writer, an inspiring woman, and also the great screen-writer of this iconic movie, passed away last night.


Sigh. I would love to be somebody's Sally.
{Minus the twelve year drawn out friendship/love story! not to be impatient or anything, but jeez! Twelve years seems like a long time when it's currently over half of your lifetime!}

So raise your figurative or literal glass to this remarkable woman tonight, and take the time to laugh and cry along to your favorite chick-flick in her memory. I know I did.

Always,
L.A.


Sigh. I'm a sucker for happy endings.


"I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."
-When Harry Met Sally

2 comments:

  1. I have to say I think I saw this like ten years ago and I really hated it! I thought it was slow, boring and not interesting at all...I never understood why people loved it so! Clearly little me didn't get it because I saw it about a month ago and I loved it :) great movie. completely different to how I remember it haha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you gave it another try! I saw it for the first time last night, and boy was I in love! I love the idea of knowing the person you were meant for for years without ever realizing they were the ones! That and I'm just a HUGE sucker for chick-flicks in general! :)

      Delete