Monday, July 2, 2012

To change the world

 Change the world {via}

Yesterday while playing "The Ungame" for the first time ever, I was faced with a very powerful question: What is your greatest fear?

One of the girls I was playing with said she was afraid of dying young.

My greatest fear though, is not dying young, although that, without a doubt, is a tragedy.

My greatest fear is that I will die without really living. That I will check out of this life God has given me without having done anything of significance. In my "About me" I say something about wanting to change the world for the better. That is just as true now as it ever was. No matter what career path I'm contemplating at the moment.

I do want to change the world. All of it. Part of it. Some of it.
And all for the better.

Even if it's just one person's world, just one person's life whose a little bit better after meeting me.

In the end, that's what I want.

If I do that, I succeed. I fight the lies that the world feeds us, that one voice will never be enough, and I win the dreamer's victory.

And to die without accomplishing this? That is my greatest fear.

Always,
L.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment