Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Frozen raspberries: An update of sorts

{via}

Call me crazy, but I am absolutely in love with frozen raspberries as of late.
Can you say delicious and healthy? {And yes, I do eat them straight out of the bag. No shame.}

Remember that post about a month ago about trying to get back into shape & such??

Well these yummy little guys have sure made my journey that much easier. To keep you all updated, I’m down 11ish pounds thus far, but to be honest, it’s not really the number on the scale I care about. {Although I will admit, that is nice too.} Since I’ve decided to take control of my eating habits, I’ve just felt…better, you know?

I’m seeing muscle definition gradually return to my legs and I’ve been running a little further every day. Yes, getting up in the early morning just to put on four miles sucks something fierce, {especially for an infamous night owl and over sleeper like myself} but it’s definitely been worth it. & Even more so when my size 12 jeans and shorts are suddenly going on like cake these days. {Praise, Jesus!}

My first 5k is this weekend, {getting ready to check that bad boy off my leap list} and to say I’ve been nervous about it is an understatement, but I’ve finally just made up my mind that this, no matter how slow I may go or how many times I have to stop and walk, is going to be fun. If I die due running like only crazy people do, {because in my book, only crazy people would ever seriously run} at least I’ll die having a good time with a bunch of my girlfriends and covered in colored corn starch.

{Alright, alright- even I know I’m being melodramatic when I talk about death due to 5k, but hey everyone’s entitled to those moments.}

Always,
L.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment