Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Run a 5k? Check.

DSCN0054

Day one in the Cities: Madisyn, Baylee, myself, & Whitney

DSCN0056

Whit & I shopping like the professionals we are {not} in the Mall of America.

DSCN0061

St. Paul Cathedral – The gorgeous church Whit & I went to mass at Saturday night.
{We also changed in the car in the parking lot right outside
& gave the greeters a bit of a show on accident. Oops!}

DSCN0076

Bay & I stayed up till the wee hours of the morning making team shirts for all of us.
{Go Team Kicking Ass(phalt)!}

DSCN0087

Bay’s inner B.A. came out as she wore her sunglasses at night, and flipped off my camera.

DSCN0093

We arrived at the fair grounds bright and early,
with Bay & I {literally} running on only three hours of sleep.

DSCN0098

We were only four of over 19,000 who ran the Color Run in St. Paul Sunday morning!
{So. many. runners!}

DSCN0100

The four of us looking rather clean before the race!

DSCN0108

Bay made me run/jog the entire thing with her.
{Well, all but less than 1/4 of a k I power walked next to her.}

DSCN0123

We finished!
{& more importantly, survived!}

DSCN0115

Bay ended the run looking a little something like Braveheart.
{Her left contact was dyed completely blue! Ha, that’s one way to get colored contacts!}

DSCN0133

The four of us all colored up.
{Hehe, let’s just say we got some funny looks every time
we stopped at a gas station on the way home!}

The weekend was absolutely wonderful, and the race, although definitely challenging for someone as out of shape as me, was 110% worth doing! It was a very laid back and fun experience, and I would recommend the Color Run to anyone who wants to run a 5k for the first time! The best part of the entire weekend was the emotional high I had after finishing. It’s a great feeling, knowing you can accomplish something like that.

Hope all of your weekends were just as wonderful!

Always,
L.A.


P.S. I meant to post this yesterday, but once I got home from work I crashed almost instantly and slept a whopping fourteen hours through the night!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you just ran the same 5k as my soon to be roommate! Sounds fun. And St. Paul's cathedral is the best, I've got some good memories there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Color Run was great. Made running seem much less intimidating! :) The cathedral was amazing! But goodness, was it hot in there! A little bit of AC would have been wonderful, but you know what they say, "Offer it up," and I sure as heck did. ;)

      Delete