Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Rainy days and Audrey

Today it finally decided to rain, after almost an entire month without so much as a sprinkle. Take that drought. God, you know how much I love the rain, keep it coming.

There’s something elegant and romantic about rain. I think that’s part of why I love it. That and it reminds me of the great Audrey Hepburn in her timeless trench coat chasing after Cat in Breakfast at Tiffany's. {Which also happens to be one of my all time favorite films.}

Tumblr_liqeofgyno1qzuk38o1_500_large
{via}

That’s enough about our beloved Audrey for now though, for if I don’t hurry and settle into my old comfy chair with a book the rain will be gone before I can take any time to enjoy it the way I love to.

Here’s to hoping you’re all having an Audrey-esque day wherever you are, and humming Moon River, no matter what the weather may be.

Always,
L.A.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely post. Audrey Hepburn was amazing...and there is very little in this world that I find as satisfactory as rain and a great book! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad we're in the same boat. :)

      Delete
  2. Love Love Love Audrey! This is such a great picture, and you are right...rain can be sooo wonderful:) love your blog! love Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she the just the best though? :) Thanks Katie!

      Delete
  3. I have yet to watch Breakfast at Tiffany's! I know...I'm so behind.

    ReplyDelete