Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Be silly


When many people I know are trying so hard to be adult and sophisticated, I've come to see the wisdom in the words Emerson left us.  Life may not be as simple as it once was, but it's also not as complicated as we often make it.

I ask that you not take life too seriously.

I ask that you sing in the shower no matter who may hear.
Laugh at yourself as you make a fool of yourself as you fall up the stairs.
And dance like an idiot when your favorite song comes on.
I ask that you smile at the cute boy you pass on your way to class.
Strike up a conversation with a stranger while you wait in the checkout line.
And shrug off the awkward moments that are ever present in life.
I ask that you treat yourself to cookie-dough ice cream.
Cry unashamed while watching your favorite movies.
And embrace the nights you don't have time for sleep.

After all, it's the little things in life that make it great.  So be silly.

Always,
L.A.

image via

No comments:

Post a Comment