Thursday, March 29, 2012

A letter to the me yet to come

Dear future me,

I'm not sure where you are right now, where you'll be when you come across this letter again,
but I hope it was a wonderful adventure getting there.

I hope you finally went and walked the crowded streets of New York.
I hope you lived out the rest of your college years without regrets and made more lasting memories than a body can count.
I hope you always made time for good books and phone calls with family.
I hope you still sing unabashed to your steering wheel whenever you're on the road.
I hope you still write, because as I've recently discovered, writing is one of your passions.
I hope you found the courage to travel all over Europe.
I hope you remember how important the little things are to you. (Laughing until you're breathless, smiles from strangers, random texts from old friends, walking through town in the dead of the night...)
I hope you remember what really matters in life. (Faith, family, friends, people, memories, kindness, love...)


Never forget, my future self, that you are of so much more than just yourself.  Everything you do has a reaction and every life you touch is changed, if even just slightly, forever.  Be the change you wish to see in this world.  When everyone else says to do otherwise, cling to your dreams.  Because that's what makes you (me) who you are.  Be the dreamer you were born to be.

Always,
L.A.

2 comments:

  1. I love this. Every thing you stated is just so good! Here's to our future selfs... :)

    ReplyDelete