Monday, April 30, 2012

At North Farm


taken from "At North Farm"
by John Ashbery

Somewhere someone is traveling furiously toward you,
At incredible speed, traveling day and night,
Through blizzards and desert heat, across torrents,
through narrow passes.

But he will know where to find you,
Recognize you when he sees you


Okay. I'll wait, no matter how hard this waiting business may be. I'll keep waiting for you my someday-husband. Because even now, when I'm up at this ridiculously late (or I guess you could say early?) hour because I've somehow managed to get my days and nights mixed up, avoiding studying for the wretchedness that is finals, I love you.

Always yours,
me






p.s. I found this lovely poem at a blog that has truly inspired me in more ways than one. Even if you never read this, I just want to say thank you, Meg. To the rest of the blogging world, I hope you take the time to read her here at her blog the wild and wily ways of a brunette bombshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment