Friday, April 6, 2012

My time machine

Isn't it funny how a song can be a time machine?

No matter where you are or who you're with, when you hear that one song you're instantly back in the moment in which that song became more than just a song.  You're in that moment in which that song evolved.  That moment it evolved into a vehicle to take you back to the moment when it became significant.

"Feel So Close" recently evolved and gained this significance for me.
Calvin Harris's song brings me back to one of those moments I could live in.

It was just a couple nights ago I found myself in a crowded car on my way out to Spirit Mound to enjoy a midnight hike.  I shouldn't have been there, in the back of that car so incredibly squished but loving the closeness I felt with those there sharing that moment with me.  I should have been back in the library studying for the test I had the next day.  But I wasn't.  I was there in that moment with those amazing people I feel so blessed to be able to call my friends.

We were all smiling and laughing, forgetting our responsibilities while we could.  And then that song came on.  "I feel so close to you right now."  The radio was turned up.  Dan and Curtis were fist pumping and shaking the car, making it a challenge for Ashley to drive straight.  Des, Nicole, and myself were laughing and dancing as well.

"I feel so close to you right now," Dan sang. "This song is perfect!"

How perfect it was, as he continued to dance beside me, unable to do so without making me dance as well we were so close.  And now, days later I can be transported to that wonderful moment again and again with just the sound of Calvin Harris's voice.  "I feel so close to you right now."

Always,
L.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment