Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Today I've been thinking.

Today I've been thinking.
                 Astounding, I know.

Today I've been thinking about what I want and where I want to go.
Not only that though.  Those fantasies come often.

I've been thinking about where I'm at now, and how I've gotten here.

Thoughts such as these are numerous enough to make up a novel all on there own, yet too chaotic to make any sense of to do so.  But when all one can do is think such thoughts, the only thing to do is try and write them down in an attempt to put them to rest.  So as of now, here it is:

I'm eighteen years old, a freshman in college, and I recently come to terms with the fact that my entire last semester was spent trying to be somebody I most certainly am not, but I am beginning to see who I am.

I am not a sorority girl.
        I am a closet (or maybe not so closet) nerd, and if not nerd, at least bookworm.

I am not a girl who likes to spend her weekends partying, letting alcohol get the best of me and my decisions.
        I am the type of girl who would rather be completely absurd with her amazing friends, only drunk with
        my love for life.

I am not the type of girl who treats her body like a dump.
I am not the type of girl who obsesses over her work out regiment or diet.
        I have a passion for food, and I love being active.  I'm starting to realize my mother was right:
        Moderation is key.

I am not the type of girl who doesn't care about her grades, but I'm not a girl who obsesses over those little letters either.
        Although I know that those grades will or won't take me places, they won't give me lasting memories.

I am not supposed to be a doctor.  (I recently discovered I hate science.)
        I think I'm meant to exercise my love for words in some way, and there's nothing I'd love more.
        There really is something beautiful about words.

This is what I know.
This is where I'm at.

What will life bring for me next?  Your guess is as good as mine.

Always,
L.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment