Thursday, November 1, 2012

My people

....& then one day I just woke up and realized that I didn't care if I wasn't like them anymore. I didn't care if I wasn't in on their latest inside joke or on board the emotional roller coaster they couldn't seem to get off. I finally realized why things were so awkward between us recently.

The little things that meant the world to them meant absolutely nothing to me. I longed for more, knew that in this life I'd been called to live for something bigger. Yeah, it kind of hurt, to know that now that I was aware of my indifference to their shallow pettiness nothing would ever be the same, but at the same time I was relieved.

Because in that moment I knew.

They weren't my people. They never had been. No matter how long and hard I tried, they couldn't fit into that role. They weren't meant to play it.

I'd had my people all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment