Saturday, March 23, 2013

What irritates me (about myself)

That I often compare myself to the average girl in college and forget that I am never going to be that average girl, and that I never should want to be.
{Who in the hell wants to be average anyway?}

That I belittle myself and my dreams and allow others to make me feel small.
{Quite a feat considering I'm over six feet tall in the boots I've been favoring lately.}

That I compare my gifts to others gifts.
{To call a spade a spade, I'm often ungrateful for what the good Lord has blessed me with.}

That I forget how brave and strong I am.

That I forget that right alongside the lover in me is the fighter who always defends what she loves.

That I settle for less than my best.

That I make except my own excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment