Sunday, February 3, 2013

To the man who'll rock my children to sleep,

I find myself thinking of you tonight and wanting to tell you so much. Have you ever gotten to a point in your life when you're just....content? Because today I find myself smiling as a write to tell you that that is where I am right now.

Lately I find myself completely overwhelmed with how blessed I am. I enjoy my busy schedule full of classes, work, FOCUS student leadership, and friends. God is just blowing me away with all He is doing.

Oh my goodness, and how I love my friends. I couldn't ask for better people to spend my college years with. Becca has grown so much lately! Even I wouldn't have believed where she is today if you'd have told me last year. I can't tell you how many nights we have the intention of getting a good eight hours of sleep, but instead end up talking until well into the next morning about the things dearest to our hearts.

& I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to be sharing a home with Des, Ashley, Becky, and Alaina next year! & I could never forget my favorite freshmen, Erin & Marah and the wonderful conversations we have. I have grown so close to each one of these women; they truly are my sisters in Christ.

These women are just a little over a handful of the lovely people who make up my family away from home at the Newman center. There isn't enough time in the day to tell you about each one of them and how much they've impacted my life.

Someday I'll show you their pictures of these wonderful people. They've had quite a hand in making college the perfect place for me right now. I never thought Vermillion would feel like home, but these days it does.

I still miss you, my mystery man. I cannot wait to meet you someday. But with the help of my Verm family, I think the days until then will be more than bearable.

Love Always,
yours

No comments:

Post a Comment