Friday, October 12, 2012

Taking some time to write about my writing...

I feel like a lot of times my writing exposes the dramatic side of me. I suppose I am an "artist" of sorts though, so a tad of drama is to be expected. I just want everyone out there keeping up with this silly little blog of mine to know that although I do struggle with body image issues, just like the majority of women, I am well aware that my body image does not define me. I know that I am much healthier now than I was a year ago. I know that I need to continue to pay attention to my health.

It's a never ending battle.

I also want you to know that first and foremost this blog serves as my journal. & it is very personal. & that often times I want to delete it, because God knows anything you post on the internet can be traced to you, and if someone I knew who I didn't want to find this happened upon it, I might cry. I've thought of changing blogging platforms. Of using an old fashioned paper journal. And someday I might do one or both of these things, but for the time being know this:

This is the place I share my heart and soul.

This place is very real and very raw.

Know that you get to see a part of me that most don't. Know that you have witnessed the evolution of me through these oftentimes nonsensical posts. Know that even if we never meet, I cherish you.

Always,
L.A.

2 comments:

  1. I stopped listening to the lies a while ago. Now it's I want to be fit and healthy, instead of I want to lose weight. Saying I want to lose weight makes me feel like I am conforming to societies expectations of being skinny, and I would just rather be healthy!! I often want to delete my blog too, but don't delete yours because I like reading it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've come to that point where I just want to be fit and healthy as well, but sometimes the noise of all those lies somehow seeps into my thought process...I'm a work in progress.

      Thanks Lecinda! :) It's only because of the friends I've made through blogging (& the self discovery that's come from it to) that I decide to keep my blog day after day.

      Delete